Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caccio88
Creator II
Creator II

Conditional formatting and comparison with the median value in the same pivot table

Hi everyone,

what I would like to do is to display in the same table the example you see in my excel attached in sheet "TO Display", you can see also the formulas.

I tried to do that in qvw but as you can see in my attached qvw, I'm stopped at the calculation of the % per Buyer/MonthYear.

Do you think that is possible to implement my excel example exactly in the same pivot table qvw?

Maybe I have to separate some of those information, average or median, in some other table?

Thanks for your help.

Filiberto

stalwar1gwassenaarswuehl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this?

Buyer =Pick(Dim, MonthName(MonthYear), 'Average', 'Stock_Apr16', 'Median') feb 2016mar 2016apr 2016AverageStock_Apr16Median
AB 6,1%5,2%5,1%5,5%20.048.775,675,5%
AG 2,3%1,4%2,5%2,1%1.529.309,275,5%
CT 11,5%9,6%9,5%10,2%3.903.171,505,5%

You are calculating the average of averages in your excel file, while Sunny is calculating the expression total average (which I would personally prefer).

View solution in original post

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can probably do this using a synthetic dimension, similar to what is shown here

Re: Show Pivot and Straight Table in One Table

I guess Sunny is already preparing a sample.

edit: this sample might be closer to your requirements:

Re: Add count to pivot table

sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

Script:

LOAD MonthYear,

Stock,

Devaluation,

Buyer

FROM

[Data.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels);

Dim:

LOAD * Inline [

Dim

4];

Dimension:

Buyer

=Pick(Dim, MonthName(MonthYear), 'Average', 'Stock_Apr16', 'Median')

Expression

=Pick(Dim, Num(Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock), '#.##0,0%'), Num(Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock), '#.##0,0%'), Num(Sum({<MonthYear = {"$(=Max(MonthYear))"}>}Stock), '#.##0,00'), Num(Median(TOTAL Aggr(Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock), Buyer, MonthYear)), '#.##0,0%'))

sunny_talwar

You are behind my samples

Kushal_Chawda

stalwar1‌, you are still not writing blog on Pick

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha I am in the planning phase right now

Kushal_Chawda

Just implement, don't do any planning

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That seems exactly as mine. But I can't understand 2 things:

1) the average is a little bit different from the value calculated in excel. What could be the reason?

2) The median value of the 3 values (2,1%; 5,5% ; 10,2%) must be 5,5%. Using the value of your example (1,9%; 5,4%; 10,1%) must be 5,4%. Not 5,2%. Don't you are agree?

stalwar1

sunny_talwar

Filiberto

1) Could be the rounding issue, not entirely sure what's wrong there

2) QlikView has it's own way to calculate Median, I think its doing it own weird calculation (I will have test it to be sure, but see this Re: What is the exactly calculation of the fractile function?)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this?

Buyer =Pick(Dim, MonthName(MonthYear), 'Average', 'Stock_Apr16', 'Median') feb 2016mar 2016apr 2016AverageStock_Apr16Median
AB 6,1%5,2%5,1%5,5%20.048.775,675,5%
AG 2,3%1,4%2,5%2,1%1.529.309,275,5%
CT 11,5%9,6%9,5%10,2%3.903.171,505,5%

You are calculating the average of averages in your excel file, while Sunny is calculating the expression total average (which I would personally prefer).