Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caccio88
Creator II
Creator II

Conditional formatting and comparison with the median value in the same pivot table

Hi everyone,

what I would like to do is to display in the same table the example you see in my excel attached in sheet "TO Display", you can see also the formulas.

I tried to do that in qvw but as you can see in my attached qvw, I'm stopped at the calculation of the % per Buyer/MonthYear.

Do you think that is possible to implement my excel example exactly in the same pivot table qvw?

Maybe I have to separate some of those information, average or median, in some other table?

Thanks for your help.

Filiberto

stalwar1gwassenaarswuehl

15 Replies
caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

You're right swuehl‌! I'll think about which solution, that you and stalwar1‌ have proposed, could be the best for me.

Anyway I think that median value in the solution of stalwar1‌ should be 5,4% and not 5,2%. Don't you think so?

sunny_talwar

I think my solution may be suffering from the same issue. It might still be picking the Median from the original data rather than the median from the three averages. I am not 100% sure though. Lets see what Stefan mentions.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Anyway I think that median value in the solution of stalwar1 should be 5,4% and not 5,2%. Don't you think so?

I think that's correct (if you refer to the median of the average column).

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Another thing....

If I would like to format in red color the values of Average that is greater than the median value, how could I do it?

Like what I've done in Excel...

swuehlstalwar1

sunny_talwar

May be like this in the background color for the expression:

=If(Dim = 2 and Avg(Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock),Buyer,MonthYear)) = Max(TOTAL Aggr(NODISTINCT Avg(Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock),Buyer,MonthYear)), Buyer)), Red())

Capture.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Use a background color attribute expression like

=If(Dim = 2 and

Avg(Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock),Buyer,MonthYear)) >

Median(TOTAL Aggr( Avg(Aggr(Sum(Devaluation)/Sum(Stock), Buyer, MonthYear)),Buyer))

, lightred()

)

edit: removed the unneeded number formatting