Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditionally showing or hiding a line in a line chart

Hi ,

I am new to QlikView and I would like to a get some help on an issue.Here is the sample data I have:

Plant,Supplier,SupplyQuantity,DemandQuantity,Week

P1,S1,10,10,W1

P1,S2,20,25,W1

P1,S1,25,30,W2

P1,S2,0,10,W2

Now I want to create a line graph,with the dimension is a cyclic group having fields "Supplier" and "Week" and the expressions are "sum(SupplyQuantity)" and "sum(DemandQuantity)".

The DemandQuantity line should show always.

My Customer put a condition on showing the Supply Quantity Line:where the line should show only if ALL THE SUPPLIERS IN THE SELECTD GROUP IS HAVING A VALUE GREATER THAN 0.

For eg:If I will not do any selection ,the Supply Quantity Line should not show,because we have 0 Supply Qunatity for the Supplier S2 for the week W2.

if I select the 'Week' W1,the Supply Quantity Line should show,because both SUPPLIERS having a value greater than 0.

If I select the 'Week' W2, ,the Supply Quantity Line should not show,because we have 0 Supply Qunatity for the Supplier S2 for the week W2.

Not sure we can do it by Set Analysis.

Could somebody help on this please?

Thanks,

Anderson

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

if i understand your Problem correctly ...you can do something like this...

Sample.png

select the checkbox "Conditional"   and in the below dilogue box  you can write the condition.

hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat T

Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the reply.

My customer is using QV 10 and I think 'Conditional' option available only in  QV 11.I am trying to put an expression in the background color attribute of the line so that I can put no color if i dont want to show the line,I do not know how to write that expression.

Could you help me on this?

Thanks Again.

Not applicable
Author

Could sombody put some light on this please.

Thanks in advance.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

In QV 10 'Conditional' option is available for entire charts (Layout->Show->Conditional).

Create two charts and type Show Condition expressions so that to show the user the right one.