Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connecting SQL to Qlik

I am trying to load a text file 16M rows in to QV but about 9 lines are getting excluded. When I load the same text file in to SQL server and connect it to QV, then all the records show up correctly.

Since this approach was working, I want to now store the data in to a QVD file so my load script looks like this:

SQL Connection string

Table1 :
SQL SELECT * FROM "Database".dbo."Table1";

store Table1 into $(vQVDLocation)Table1.qvd (qvd);

But this fails with following error after at about 2 M rows:

Next tried storing in .csv file and that failed after about 5M rows.

I couldn't find anything helpful online, so any suggestion is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you checked that the machine doesn't run out of RAM or disk space?

Have you tried creating a new document that only loads the data from the SQL database and stores it into a qvd?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you checked that the machine doesn't run out of RAM or disk space?

Have you tried creating a new document that only loads the data from the SQL database and stores it into a qvd?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Did you try to debug your code and run limited load? Let's say around 10k rows. If this will work fine and you will not receive any errors - that would suggest machine ran out of RAM/disk space - like gwassenaar‌ mentioned.

I would suggest maybe you can try to load your table in chunks, store it in smaller qvd's and then use them in optimized load (for example in the loop) and concatenate the results in your transform qvw.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are there special characters into your table1?

Not applicable
Author

I was able to store qvd when I used a brand new Qvw file instead of using an existing shell. I even loaded the qvd and dashboard refreshed perfectly.

Thank you for all the responses. This is an awesome community!