Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Construct an expression

Hi,

I have two buttons:

btnA - set expression to period jan-2016 to mar-2016

btnB - set expression to period apr-2015 to jun-2015

Then I have a variable vExpr:

- When btnA, vExpr gets the value 'MonthYear ={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Min(MonthYear),-$(vMonthDiff)), 'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear),-$(vMonthDiff)), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}'

- When btnB, vExpr gets the value 'MonthYear ={">=$(=Date(min(addmonths(MonthYear,-12)),'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(max(addmonths(MonthYear,-12)),'MMM-YYYY'))"}'

Then I have an expression, in a text object with the following:

='=Money(SUM ({<' & $(vExpr) & ', AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)'

I'm getting the next result in the text object:

=Money(SUM ({<MonthYear ={">=jan-2016<=mar-2016"}, AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)

example21112016.png

When what I really want is the value of the expression above, that should be "90 013 728 €", just for an example.

I think my problem is in the equal signs but I'm not getting there.

Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance,

Sílvia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be add a dollar sign expansion

$(='=Money(SUM ({<' & $(vExpr) & ', AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be add a dollar sign expansion

$(='=Money(SUM ({<' & $(vExpr) & ', AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)')

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Silvia,

I always hit these sorts of problems and it always takes some fiddling to sort out

Does

='Money(SUM ({<' & $(vExpr) & ', AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)'

Not work for you? If not then try

$(='Money(SUM ({<' & $(vExpr) & ', AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your help, it worked

I used this:

= $(='=Money(SUM ({<' & $(vExpr) & ', AC_METRICA = {"Vendas Sem Iva"}>}[AC_VALOR_REAL]),vFormatNumber)')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Your answer works as well, as long as I put another "=", like in the reply I gave to Sunny.

Thanks too