Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conversion of Sales to dollars

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview and I am trying to convert sales to dollars. I have a table of sales qtys by month and a seperate table of the items price. How do i get Qlikview to do this calculation>

Thanks.

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is not a qlikview method (you can set money format in $) but you have to compute by yourself (Apply the conversion rate)

Let me know

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Are you converting from another currency to dollars?  If so I would probably bring currency rates in as a separate table and use that in your calculation.

OR....

Are you just wanting to multiply the number of sales by the price of the items sold? If so, I would just calculate this in a chart expression.

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do you want to give the user a choice of which currency to use? In which case use conditional expressions.

If you need to preserve the exchange rate at the time of transaction, then conditional expressions are better than variables...

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am trying to multiply the sales qty by the price of the items sold to get the sales $. I'm not too concerned about the currency.

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Omotoke,

Please generate a bar chart or straight table. Dimension is month and expression is Sum([sales qty]*price).

That's it.

Hope this helps.

Burkhard