Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II

Convert if statement to set analysis in qlikview?

Hi All,

My if statement is as follows:

IF(ISNULL(A),'No Receive Date',IF(B<>'Accepted',IF(LEN(C)>0,IF( LEN([D)>0, IF(D>C,'Delayed','On Time'),IF(NOW()-C<0,'On Time','Delayed')),'No Due Date'),'No Action')) as DELAYED

I am looking out for other options instead of using IF statement .

Please  suggest me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Backend performance won't be heavily impacted using if statement, besides I don't even think you have another better way to do this.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

This seems to be used in script, right? You cannot use set analysis in script. Also, not sure what issues you are running into, but if you can point the issue into, may be we can suggest another way to help you out here

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi Gireesh,

as this is conditional statement so, using IF is fine .. also i think you are using this condition in script so what is the issue of using if condition ?

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I am using this at script level, I am calculating field DELAYED based on other fields.

sunny_talwar

So set analysis is out of option here. Now why do you not want to use if? Are you getting any errors?

Not applicable

You are going to derive something, it is not possible to derive values like if in SETANALYSIS.

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If condition working good.But data is more then 50 lakhs.So if we use if condition performance will kill.Thats why i am looking other way.

sunny_talwar

Backend performance won't be heavily impacted using if statement, besides I don't even think you have another better way to do this.

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

IF Condition kill the performance.So i am looking other way...

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hear if condition checking each and every row.so loading data taking so much of time.