Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcuspderloin
Contributor
Contributor

Copy files from the server

Hi.

I have a question. There are some files (*.qvw) at the server. It is good to work with them directly on the server, but when there are necessities to make changes on them, it is not very convenient work with them. So I would like to make a local copy on my machine to test my ideas. 

So the question is : How to copy files from the server? 

Was thinking about making a macros or a button with the action but dont have any idea how.

There is no cahnce to contact server admins as there are on the vocation but the task is very urgent

THX

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This assumes that you are using qvp (open in server) or opening the document in a web browser. If you open it in desktop on your PC, the name will be that of the PC.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PRP
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,
1.Go to QMC
2.clik on apps
3.select your app
4.clik more options
5.clik export
6.after it will download
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QVW files exist in a (usually shared) folder on the server, or a network share accessible to the server. Simply browse to that location in Windows Explorer and copy the files to your local machine. Your user account would need to have read access to the folder.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
marcuspderloin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

it would be great if u explaint where i can find it at Qlikview?

I have full acces to sever files (login with NT user)

marcuspderloin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

i can't see server it local network devices and i dont know why.

do u mean to connect via the browser to the address of the server with the port?

trying to navigate to localhost:4780/qmc but without a success

marcuspderloin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Neehd to add. While conencting ot qlikserver typing qvp://

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not from a qvp:// path. You need the network share path. In Windows explorer, something like:

\\yourserver\share (this should point to the document mounted folder with the QVW documents) or a parent thereof)

Then browse to find the required QVW document andcopy tp your local machine.

marcuspderloin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

is there any option to detect serve address using qlik? or where can i find it? maybe you can tell me the port?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Create a text box and enter the expression =ComputerName(). This will display the server name as read by Qlikview. (Then delete the text box....)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This assumes that you are using qvp (open in server) or opening the document in a web browser. If you open it in desktop on your PC, the name will be that of the PC.