cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawgfather
Creator
Creator

Count If Expression

I am loading a SQL query into a table. I have records for items (laptops) that connect to different servers of different types, so there are likely multiple entries for some laptops.

I want to create an expression to count the number of laptops that have connected both of the 2 types of servers ("old" and "new") - but they have to have connected to BOTH types. If a laptop connects to one or the other, don't count it. If there is a record of it connecting to one and then also an entry connecting to the other, then count those (even better if I could come up with a Yes/No type expression to say it's connected to both, but a count will do).

Some sample data and the last column is whether I would expect it to be counted or not.

I should end up with a count of 3 (DEF123, ABC345 and DEF456) that connected to both types.

In my head my logic is something like count LAPTOP if there is a record matching (where) ServerGroup = 'old_servers' AND where there is a record matching (where) ServerGroup = 'new_servers'. But I cannot seem to get anything. Everything I do seems to do this at each record's level so the counts are always 1.

Laptop

field

Server

field

ServerGroup

field

LastSeenDate

field

LastSeenOld

expression

LastSeenNew

expression

Desired outcome

(comment)

ABC123Old1old_servers11/2/201611/2/2016-Not counted
DEF123Old2old_servers11/4/201611/4/2016-Counted
DEF123New5new_servers11/6/2016-11/6/2016Counted
ABC345Old1old_servers11/5/201611/5/2016-Counted
ABC345New6new_servers11/6/2016-11/6/2016Counted
DEF456Old3old_servers11/5/201611/5/2016-Counted
DEF456New7new_servers11/8/2016-11/8/2016Counted
DEF678New8new_servers11/8/2016-11/8/2016Not counted
ABC789New7new_servers11/9/2016-11/9/2016Not counted
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this:

If(Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2, 'Yes', 'No')

in Text box obect, may be like this:

For count

Count(DISTINCT {<LaptopField = {"Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2"}>} LaptopField)

For list

Concat(DISTINCT {<LaptopField = {"Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2"}>} LaptopField, ', ')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this in your Pivot table and supress zero values in presentation tab.

Dim: All your dimentsion

Expr: = Sum(Aggr(Count({< ServerGroupfield = {'old_servers','new_servers'}>} Laptopfield), Laptopfield))

Or

Expr:  Count(TOTAL < Laptopfield> {< ServerGroupfield = {'old_servers','new_servers'}>} Laptopfield)

sunny_talwar

May be this:

If(Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2, 'Yes', 'No')

in Text box obect, may be like this:

For count

Count(DISTINCT {<LaptopField = {"Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2"}>} LaptopField)

For list

Concat(DISTINCT {<LaptopField = {"Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2"}>} LaptopField, ', ')

dawgfather
Creator
Creator
Author

The option for "If(Count(DISTINCT ServerGroupField) = 2, 'Yes', 'No')" worked great in a pivot.

I could then collapse the other details and get a Yes/No. Only hitch is that I have no way to sort on those once the details are expanded because then each line item only has 1 ServerGroupField and therefore the IF statement results in a "No". But it gets me much closer than I was.

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

May be try this:

If(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <LaptopField> ServerGroupField) = 2, 'Yes', 'No')