Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count distinct in Set Analysis

Hiya,

I'm trying to count a total number of checks the number of checks within amount ranges 0 -2500 and 2501 - 5000, so on and so forth.  I have what i thought was correct but it seems to be counting individual amounts and not check numbers.  Any thoughts on where I am wrong in my set analysis.

• =count(DISTINCT(If([CHK_NO] >= 0 and [PAID_AMT]<= 2500, [PAID_AMT])))
  • =count(DISTINCT(If([CHK_NO] >= 2501 and [PAID_AMT]<= 10000, [PAID_AMT])))
  • =count(DISTINCT(If([CHK_NO] >= 10001 and [PAID_AMT]<= 1000000, [PAID_AMT])))

Below is the data result i am getting i am using a test of one check and see how i am getting different counts per line and not rolled up to the check number.  I would expect to see o in the first column and 1 in the second

Capture1.PNG

7 Replies
kfoudhaily
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

first one:

Count({$<

[CHK_NO]={">=0"},

[PAID_AMT]={"<=2500"}

>}

distinct([PAID_AMT])

)

QlikView Qlik Sense consultant
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be try this?

=If([CHK_NO] >= 0 and [PAID_AMT]<= 2500, If([CHK_NO] >= 2501 and [PAID_AMT]<= 10000, If([CHK_NO] >= 10001 and [PAID_AMT]<= 1000000, Count(DISTINCT PAID_AMT))))

Or

=Sum(Aggr(If([CHK_NO] >= 0 and [PAID_AMT]<= 2500, If([CHK_NO] >= 2501 and [PAID_AMT]<= 10000, If([CHK_NO] >= 10001 and [PAID_AMT]<= 1000000, Count(DISTINCT PAID_AMT)))),CHK_NO))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply, that seemed to remove all filters and do a sum of all checks, I am attempting to try a different version of your suggestion.  Thank you again for the reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply, I am slightly confused, if i may inquire some more, should all the calculations be the same and the check count will fall into place?  This is a little hard for me to understand, do i break up each segment into a different expression?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Whatever, You have done that is exactly how Qlik returns. But, I don't know why not returning any values for you. For assumption, CHK_NO and PAID_AMT are associated each??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Anil;

So thinking i did something wrong I attempted these steps.

Did a basic count statement:

• =count(DISTINCT([CHK_NO]))

this was successful as i got an accurate count of total checks and well as when I selected one.

It is now when i want to separate them by amount category, my thought was i need to sum the [PAID_AMT] and then put it in a range.

This is the portion I am not sure how to do.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In case, if you see my reply there is second approach for objects. You can try that way as well..