Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSCIknowlec
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count from date to next 5, 10, 14 days

hey guys hoping i can get some help,

i have a date column named [Discard Date]with future dates. I need to include a new column where it takes the [discard date] and will tell me in a new column how many days each date is until it hits "discard". 

discard = todays date.  i currently have them set out where if the discard date is within 5 days, the column turns red, if discard date is within 5-10 days column turns yellow and if discard date is between 10-14 days, column turns green(see below code and screenshot): 

Discard:
load *,
if([discard_date] -today() >=0 and [discard_date] -today() <=5, dual('<=5 Days',1),
if([discard_date] -today() >=5 and [discard_date] -today() <=10, dual('5-10 Days',2),
if([discard_date] -today() >=10 and [discard_date] -today() <=14, dual('10-14 Days',3)))) as [Pallet Discard];

however, is there a way to get a new column where it will be "days left till discard"? 

thank you,Ciarán

Discard Date.JPG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi you can use an expression like: [discard_date] -today() 

Or if you want to make selections on that vaue you can create another field to have that value precalculated:

Discard:
load *,
[discard_date] -today() as [Days left till discard],
if([discard_date] -today() >=0 and [discard_date] -today() <=5, dual('<=5 Days',1),
if([discard_date] -today() >=5 and [discard_date] -today() <=10, dual('5-10 Days',2),
if([discard_date] -today() >=10 and [discard_date] -today() <=14, dual('10-14 Days',3)))) as [Pallet Discard];

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi you can use an expression like: [discard_date] -today() 

Or if you want to make selections on that vaue you can create another field to have that value precalculated:

Discard:
load *,
[discard_date] -today() as [Days left till discard],

View solution in original post