Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count in formula counting 1 when dates are the same?

i am using the following formula:-

(ContactOptions <> '', Count({$<%DateEmpFormAdded = {">=01/07/2015<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>} EngagementType))

If there are two rows with the same date (for eg below),  Qlikview is only counting it as "1" rather than what it should be "2"?

E.g.

Date               EngagementType

21/05/2015    Prospect

21/05/2015    Prospect

Any idea why it does this please?

12 Replies
marcus_sommer

Both records have an association to ContactOptions which are not '' ?

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda

try below

if(ContactOptions <> '', Sum(aggr(NODISTINCT Count({$<%DateEmpFormAdded = {">=01/07/2015<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>} EngagementType), Date)))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Doesn’t work but I can see that it’s a syntax error as “Date” at the end of the formula is underlined in red but I can’t see the syntax error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

No there is no relation.

Kushal_Chawda

like this

if(ContactOptions <> '', Sum(aggr(NODISTINCT Count({$<%DateEmpFormAdded = {">=01/07/2015<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>}EngagementType), DateEmpFormAdded)))

marcus_sommer

Then I do not understand why you ContactOptions <> '' queries? Another point is - are you sure that all entries within the field Date are really dates which could be compared with <>= against other dates and not strings?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, that more than doubles the figures now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus. Your right that the issue definitely lies in the ContactOptions <> section because I tested without it and besides including the records where ContactOption field is blank (which I DON’T want to include) the formula does pick up the right amount.

The reason why I don’t want to pick up where the Option field is blank is because some users will fill in all details and then leave the “ContactOption” field blank. If that happens I do not want to include these records in my results.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be try with TOTAL option

Count(TOTAL <EngagementType> {$<%DateEmpFormAdded = {">=01/07/2015<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>} EngagementType))