Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Count non null rows in chart table.

Hi Experts

Please find attached sample qvw, i am trying to show non null values from column named 'Action Items' in text box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, .

9 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Use the below expression in your text box:

=Count({<Action={'*'}>} Action)

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Thirumala , its calculating distinct values, I am looking count of all.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Ashish,

You can also try,

=Count({<Action={"=Len(Trim(Action))>0"}>} Action)

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Got it.. Then Tamil's expression should work for you. If still have issue please let us know.

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks , still showing distinct values.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I don't think even Tamil's expression will work, Because you have 150 rows and out of that only 15 of them are non nulls in the column 'Action' and remaining are all nulls. So based on your requirement, you want count of non nulls in the column 'Action'. Based on the expression provided by me and Tamil is giving you 15.

If this is not correct, Can you please explain little bit more with the expected output.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

As mentioned by Thirumala, you have only 15 non null values in your example file.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then, Use Distinct Function

=Count({<Action={"$(=Len(Trim(Action))>0)"}>} DISTINCT Action)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

I agree with tamilarasu and trdandamudi‌. There are only 15 non-null action rows. What else are you expecting to see, if not 15?