Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kev_Thomas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count where specific text is found in multiple fields

Hi there,

I have a spreadsheet with a mass of data and trying to avoid doing too much pre-processing in Excel before loading into Qlikview. The data is an extract from Jira and contains a number of fields, but the one's I'm interested in are:

Issue ID - which is the unique identifier of the Jira ticket
TPR - Target Production Release (an identifier that can group records together by a specific TPR)

Labels
Labels1
Labels2
Labels3 etc. upto 
Labels20

What I need to do is count the number of unique Issue IDs where the Labels(n) fields contain data that looks like 'RC*' (using a Wildcard search) and group this by the TPR (which is the dimension on the chart).

Not sure how to construct this in a way that will allow me to plot the number of records (count of Issue ID), by TPR.

Any clues, suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

I've tried using OR statements in expressions, but can't seem to get a simple line chart going 😞

Labels (2)
31 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Kev, you have quite a few posts on this one, if you got what you needed, we would appreciate it if you could close out the thread by using the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped you get your working solution.  If you did something different, you can write that up and post it and then use the button on that post to close things out too, but I would be sure to use the "Like" feature on the posts that were of help at that point to give the guys credit for the help in that case.  This one is a bit over my development skills, so if you do need further help, be sure to post an update to the thread.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Kev_Thomas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess  - I've had so much help from people on this thread, but I think @marcus_sommer probably deserves the accolade as he provided most guidance. However kudos to @Saravanan_Desingh for his suggestions on the Crosstable solution.

I have resorted to refactoring the input data to include flags instead of trying to do the calculations within Qlikview itself, but without the suggestions and support from these guys - I would never have got there.

Thanks all

Kev