Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Counting doesn't add up

I have three areas of concern. What I'm trying to count is the number of instances of either one of these variables- ITMSNumber, Name

Here I have a picture of everything that is being worked on which adds up to 239-- black boxes, and besides the black boxes are numbers that should also add up to 239.

Prioritized in progress.PNG

The problem is with the 'Other' variable. Here is the code that I'm using to count those.

=Count( {<ITMSNumber = e({1<[Application Status] = {"*"}>}) >} DISTINCT Name)

What am I doing wrong? I don't really even understand the code to be honest...

ALSO- In order to make the data table at the bottom spit out the right number of rows I have a select in field action that is coded like so-

='=Sum({<ITMSNumber = e({<[Application Status] = {"*"}>}) >} 1)'

As you may be able to deduce, I also have no idea what this code is doing...

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Nick, I think this post is related to

Joining tables and counting new null values

But I am not sure how it is related, because honestly, I don't really understand what you are showing here.

Maybe try creating a sample QVW that you can upload here to the forum, it makes it easier to understand your model, data and chart context.

The reason why I suggested

Count( {<ITMSNumber = e({<[Application Status] = {"*"}>}) >} DISTINCT ITMSNumber)

[and note the difference in the aggregated field] is described in

Excluding values in Set Analysis

Not even sure if this was the correct approach with your other issue, but it seemed to have worked.

Not applicable
Author

It worked with the other issue. I just got out of a meeting with a higher up and have to present to the executives tomorrow. The problem is that the 'Other' section needed to be a subset of the numbers in black (PI=Program_Inventory, Candidates, Backlog, and Total). It looks like Develop may also be an issue.

When I click on develop and other, the number associated with them should be the same as the total (black boxes). That is currently not the case.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about, too few context information for me.

Uploading a Sample