Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Counts in pivots-QlikView

I have a table like this. when I pivot it, I only want to do a distinct count of Names with Status MQL, I want the count to ignore the names associated with the not MQL status. Here is the expression I thought would work:

if(FINALMQLSTATUS='MQL',Count (DISTINCT [Name]),0)      

NameFINALMQLSTATUS
BobMQL
JimNot MQL
SallyMQL

However, it still counts all of them and seems to ignore the if statement. Please help. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

13 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be try this?

= Count(DISTINCT {< FINALMQLSTATUS -= {'Not MQL'} >} [Name])

OR

= Count(DISTINCT IF(NOT Match(FINALMQLSTATUS, 'Not MQL'), [Name]))

sunny_talwar

Why are you taking the opposite approach... why not this?

= Count(DISTINCT {< FINALMQLSTATUS = {'MQL'} >} [Name])

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hahah. Yes you are right. But was not sure what other status values that field holds so thought just exclude Not MQL value.

sunny_talwar

If there are other values, then your expression will be completely wrong... isn't it? OP seems to want to sum only Status MQL...

Capture.PNG

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Oops. I missed that. Got it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you both. A somewhat related question.

In my other pivot, I want to count distinct non-empty IDs (they are called IDforUTDAcctswithOpps below). However, I only want to count ithem for Marketing programs that do not contain the words "advanced" or "Cross-sell". If the program contains either word, I don't want the Id to be included in the count. Would the formula below work?

if(WildMatch(MARKETINGPROGRAM,'*Advanced*')=1 or WildMatch(MARKETINGPROGRAM,'*Cross-Sell*')=1,0, count({< IDforUTDAcctswithOpps = {"=Len(Trim(IDforUTDAcctswithOpps)) <>0"} >} DISTINCT IDforUTDAcctswithOpps))

sunny_talwar

Try this

Count({<IDforUTDAcctswithOpps = {"=Len(Trim(IDforUTDAcctswithOpps)) <>0"}, MARKETINGPROGRAM -= {'*Advanced*', '*Cross-Sell*'}>} DISTINCT IDforUTDAcctswithOpps)

Or this

Count({<IDforUTDAcctswithOpps = {"*"}, MARKETINGPROGRAM -= {'*Advanced*', '*Cross-Sell*'}>} DISTINCT IDforUTDAcctswithOpps)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So this formula would actually ignore the IDs with programs that contain either word, correct?

sunny_talwar

I would think so.... unless I missunderstood the issue... have you tried it?