Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Create buttons with Actions

Hi Experts - For the attached chart.. i need to have 3 buttons.. say "0%-10%" ; "11%-20%",">20%"... When i click the "0%-10%" button... %'s belonging to those shuld reflect in my chart (chk attached qvw).. like wise for other buttons as well..

49 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Try with old expression and see the result.

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

oh ok Got it!! It changes the % ..

Kushal_Chawda

Using this methods you are selecting the dimensions value which will affect the other charts as well, if this is the requirement then you can go by this approach, but if you you don't want to affect the other charts by clicking on buttons then you need to change the expression as this approach won't work

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can we use the Alternate state to avoid this ?

Kushal_Chawda

Then anyway you need to change the expressions , right? why to make things complicated using alternate states, if you have many charts then you need to change expression in each and every chart for alternate states. Using my approach you need to change the expression of that particular chart only.

Or
MVP
MVP

You can use the same mechanism with a calculated dimension - I just don't think it's the right way to go about it. You'll have to check the "Suppress when value is null" box.

=if(aggr(sum(Amt)/sum(Total Amt),Aging_Bucket1)>0.1,Aging_Bucket1)

Replacing the condition with variable-based conditions as in my previous example.

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Kushal - In the above approach... In my case Dimension is Cyclic Drilldown... So is it possible to those kind of dimension as well ?

Or
MVP
MVP

You'll have to replace every mention of AgingBucket1 with GetCurrentField(YourGroup). It should work, I think, regardless of which of these approaches you used.

Kushal_Chawda

No problem, you can use same expression. If aggr is needed for your expression then, you can do something like below

=sum( aggr(YourExpression, $(vCyclicGroup)) )

where , vCyclicGroup = GetCurrentField([YourClyclicGroupName])

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Cool... Just curious to know if my case is going to be like this...

Assume, i have Cyclic Drilldown (2 Fields) as my Dimension... but i need this behavior for only one field (1st field)  not for the 2nd Field in Cyclic Drilldown.. How do we deal with that?