Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinapullen1
Contributor
Contributor

Create field based on count in script

Hi,

I have created a script to see how many of each order no. there are - this works (example 1 below) .  I now want to add a formula in script so that if the [Order count] equals 1 & the [Load. point (Name1)] equals a 'specific location' then to identify as whether to include or exclude but I can't seem to work out how to do it.  Can anyone help please?  Thanks in advance

Example 1

Table1:

Load

[Ext. order number] as [Order no.],

[Load. point (Name1)],

From location;

Table2:

Load

[Order no.],

Count(Order no.]) as [Order count]

Resident table1 group by [Order no.]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe you are looking to something like this?:

Table1:
Load
[Load. point (Name1)]
From location;

Table2:
LOAD
  [Order no.],
  [Order count],
  If([Order count]=1 and checkLoadPoint='Specific Location', 1, 0) as flagOrder // This to flag and exclude/include using set analysis
where [Order count]<>1 or checkLoadPoint<>'Specific Location'; // this to exclude, maybe you don't want it here, it's just to show possibilities
Load
[Order no.],
MaxString([Load. point (Name1)]) as checkLoadPoint

The 'where' clause in the preceding load is optional, just to show how can be used.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe you are looking to something like this?:

Table1:
Load
[Load. point (Name1)]
From location;

Table2:
LOAD
  [Order no.],
  [Order count],
  If([Order count]=1 and checkLoadPoint='Specific Location', 1, 0) as flagOrder // This to flag and exclude/include using set analysis
where [Order count]<>1 or checkLoadPoint<>'Specific Location'; // this to exclude, maybe you don't want it here, it's just to show possibilities
Load
[Order no.],
MaxString([Load. point (Name1)]) as checkLoadPoint

The 'where' clause in the preceding load is optional, just to show how can be used.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did Ruben's post get you what you needed for your use case?  If so, please do not forget to return to your thread and on his post, use the Accept as Solution button to give him credit for the help and let other Members know that worked for you.  If you did something else, consider posting that and mark it to close the thread, and if you are still working on things, please leave an update with what you still need.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.