Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create listbox treeview

Hi I need help creating a listbox tree view in my dashboard. This is the order I want from top to bottom: LOB, SUB LOB, SUB LOB2, & SUB LOB3. When clicking on a LOB, SUB LOB should expand. When clicking on SUB LOB, SUB LOB2 should expand. and so on. How can I get this to work?

16 Replies
maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

Can you provide some sample data

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I cannot because it is confidential information.

Not applicable
Author

This?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can create the TreeView like this:

LOAD * INLINE [

Item, TreeView

LOB, LOB

SUB LOB,LOB/SUB LOB

SUB LOB2, LOB/SUB LOB/SUB LOB2

SUB LOB3, LOB/SUB LOB/SUB LOB2/SUB LOB3

];

2016-07-27 22_25_57-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_comm226697.qvw_].png

2016-07-27 22_25_45-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_comm226697.qvw_].png

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I should have specified. Lob, Sub Lob, Sub Lob2, & Sub Lob3 are the column names from a excel spreadsheet. Each columns has information in them. That is the right format but the data from each column is not listed under each column name when expanded.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I should have specified. Lob, Sub Lob, Sub Lob2, & Sub Lob3 are the column names from a excel spreadsheet. Each columns has information in them. That is the right format but the data from each column is not listed under each column name when expanded.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understand correctly, create a new field in your load script, that concatenates your fields with a delimiter, e.g. '/'.

LOAD

Lob,

"Sub Lob",

"Sub Lob 2",

"Sub Lob 3",

Lob &'/'& "Sub Lob" &'/'& "Sub Lob 2" &'/'& "Sub Lob 3" as TreeView,

FROM ...;

Not applicable
Author

Everything is grayed out except for the data in Sub Lob3 which is the deepest level. I am only able to select data in that field and nothing else. The data in Lob, Sub Lob, and Sub Lob2 is grayed out. Also each depth header is gone such as Lob, Sub Lob, etc.

How can I get the list box to look like the first tree view list you showed me with the data in each column?

How can I get rid of the grayed out fields? I made sure I am not selecting anything in the dashboard. 

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are the fields are only partially filled with values and show mostly NULL in e.g. Lob field?

Could you post a sample input file?