Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create txt files without the header using the script.

Hi, everyone!

How are you? I am new with QlikView, but I already have a doubt. I'd appreciate if someone could help me.

I need to convert a txt file into another txt file. No problems with it. I can inform the directory, read all the input files, process the information and generate the new formatted output files. I am doing it in the script level. The problem is that the output files are created with the first line containing a header. I don't want the header. I am using the STORE command. Is there any way to store my data without the header?

I can do it using a buttom with a export action. There is a setup to do it. But I can't use this buttom because there won't be a user to do it. The idea is to have the script run automatically every evening. Can I "hit" the buttom at the script level?

Tks in advance,

Marcelo - from Brazil

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

that only works if there are no null values in your first line.

Regards

Sabine

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I had to create a file .dat separated by "|" and with no header. First I store in a 'pass file' than using cmd I create a file with no header using string "TRD|" that does not exist on header but only as a fixed field in the stored table:

first I created the following table

LOAD

'TRD' AS TIPO_RECORD,

field1,

field2,

RESIDENT resident_table;

STORE PHOTO INTO PASS_FILE.DAT(TXT, delimiter is '|');

SET cmd=FINDSTR /C:"TRD|" PASS_FILE.DAT > FILE.DAT;

execute cmd.exe /C $(cmd);

set cmd=;

SET cmd=del PASS_FILE.DAT;

execute cmd.exe /C $(cmd);