Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janardhan
Creator
Creator

Creating Macros

How to create Macro? Can any one pls explain and also give the example

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go to the Module Editor (Ctrl + M) and select the language you are going to use. Most of the examples (if not all of them) in these forums are written in VBScript, just search the forums for macro and whatever you want to achieve.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

janardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

can u pls explain in detail...

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Check this thread that creates a macro to export a chart to Excel. Without further information on what do you want to achieve, I cannot suggest anything more detailed.

Regards.

Miguel

janardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for ur help

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Janardhan,

Let me add my two cents... here are few things I have done to learn VB Scripting.

• VB Scripting is very similar to VB/ VBA. So I would recommend you start understanding object orientied programming. Probably look out for online tutorials. I come from VBA background, so it was easy for me to pickup VB Scripting and interacting with QV API.

• Try to understand the difference between Methods, Properties, Objects and Events. Once you understand this difference you need to learn debugging. Unfortunately, QV doesn't support VB Script debugging. However, you can use traditional MessageBox style debugging.

• Try to learn programming constructs like Conditional Statements, Loops and Functions. These are used very often in procedural programming.

• Most important : Subscribe to top community users. For example, I have subscribed to John Witherspoon, swuehl, Miguel Angel Baeyens and Erich Shiino. There are some users who specialize in VB Scripting/Macro based solutions. Look out for them and subscribe to their posts. I learn a lot this way.

• Once you understand the basics of VB Scripting try providing solutions on community. This way you are exposed to different situations. I try to do the same with my weak areas in QlikView.

I hope this helps!

Happy learning.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable

Hi Deepak, can you suggest any document for understanding differance between objects, events ,funtions .

and scenarios of their usage as well.

Thanks.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Vidya,

Please check the QV API document. It is user friendly once you understand what needs to be done. I'll check if there is any other material available.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable

I guess the intended recipient is some other Vidya. Please send the mail

to the intended recipient.

Regards,

Vidya

Team Lead

Tata Consultancy Services

No 42, Think campus

Electronic City phase II

Bangalore - 560100,Karnataka

India

Cell:- 9900171854

Mailto: v.vidya@tcs.com

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry I'm lost here... what do you mean by some other Vidya?