Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Creating Tables from Resident Load (treating null values)

Hi,

I am creating a table by doing a right join from a resident table onto a table created by a data extract from an oracle table. This works fine but as a result of this join I have some null values that i want to replace with zero.

I tried to address this by doing another resident load based on the table created in the previous step then applying a simple if(isnull() formula to populate nulls with zero. However the 2nd resident load is completely ignored - is there any reason for this ? can you do a resident load from a table also partly created from a resident load ?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

My guess is that the reason it appears to be ignored is your field names in the 2nd load are identical to those in the table that resulted from the join. In such a situation, QlikVIew will attempt to autoconcatenate the tables together. You can break away from this default behavior by adding NOCONCATENATE before your 2nd resident load.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

My guess is that the reason it appears to be ignored is your field names in the 2nd load are identical to those in the table that resulted from the join. In such a situation, QlikVIew will attempt to autoconcatenate the tables together. You can break away from this default behavior by adding NOCONCATENATE before your 2nd resident load.

Regards,

Vlad

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Thankyou Vlad, an educated guess !