Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdickinson3
Contributor II
Contributor II

Creating a Calculated Dimension With Nested If Function, Based on Values on a Linked Table

I have been attempting to create a calculated dimension that calculates the values in a column to a table linked through an ID.

=if(Count([Employee.Level] = '01') >= 1 AND Count([Employee.Level] = '02') < 1 AND Count([Employee.Level]] = '03') < 1 AND Count([Employee.Level] = '04') < 1 AND Count[Employee.Level] = '05') < 1, 'New Hire', '1 Year+')

The expression editor says that the script is okay, but whenever I close out of it it claims it as an invalid dimension.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The expression is OK as measure, but not as dimension. You cannot have aggregation functions in a dimension, unless you use Aggr().

So, the question is: Per WHAT do you want to calculate all these counts? Per department? Per month? Per Employee category? You need an internal iterator - a dimension in the Aggr(). If it is per Department, you should use:

=Aggr(
if( Count([Employee.Level] = '01') >= 1 AND 
Count([Employee.Level] = '02') < 1 AND 
Count([Employee.Level]] = '03') < 1 AND 
Count([Employee.Level] = '04') < 1 AND 
Count[Employee.Level] = '05') < 1, 
'New Hire', 
'1 Year+'
),
Department
)
bdickinson3
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you. I'm afraid I have another problem though.

I wanted to use this expression as a filter pane with both options, but it's only showing "1 Year +" as an option. I wanted to be able to filter Incident IDs based on the highest-level employee involved in the incident, where Employees are linked together by similar Incident IDs (I realize I have to also include Incident_ID into the expression).

I appreciate any advice with this.