Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a filter with Input Box

Hello again,

I am trying to create an input box or some kind of tool that will filter my values. Maybe sales totals. For instance I have the sales totals in a straight table and would like to filter values instantly with the help of a tool. Any suggestions for this? I am just going off of excel since this is easy with excel. Below is an idea of what I want to do. Sales Totals is summing the values sales amounts not quantities btw. It is a custom expression entered into that table.

Any suggestions?

Capture.JPG.jpg

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You could add a new list box with an expression field and use the Sales Totals expression for the values to display. You would have in wrap this in aggr() based on the dimensions in your table to get the unique totals.

Something like =aggr(sum(SalesAmounts),ITEM NUMBER,COLOR)

Not applicable
Author

So, it is not possible to have a handy input box for the values to be entered?

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure about an input box, but you could still use the list box and add a search icon to the caption, then just type in the value there. You can even use >, <, >=, <= in the search icon to limit your Sales Amounts.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

I really wanted to find a way with input box but right now I am new to qlikview so I guess that is beyond my knowledge.

Not applicable
Author

you can use calculated dimension instead of COLOR field (ex:

if(aggr(sum(sales),ITEMNUMBER, COLOR)>$(vSales),COLOR)

and create a input box with variable as vSales

Notes: you can have exact same expression instead of sum(sales) in aggr