Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating and removing bookmarks in client/server mode

Hi,

I am trying to create and remove bookmarks dynamically from within macros but I am finding functional differences between running the same macros using the standalone windows client and the IE plug-in in client/server mode. My outstanding issues are below - if anyone has come across these problems before and solved them then I'd be very grateful to know how.

1. I'm presuming that there is no way to create Document bookmarks when running in client/server mode? This kind of makes sense to me as the client cannot access the document on the server but I am able to remove document bookmarks (in some circumstances - see below) when running in client/server. For me the Document.CreateDocBookmark method only creates Server bookmarks when run from the IE plug-in.

2. How can I remove a Document bookmark by name in client/server mode?

When I use the Document.RemoveDocBookmark method in the standalone client it removes Document bookmarks with no trouble. When running under the IE plug-in it will not remove any of the Document bookmarks that have been saved with the document. It *will* remove Server bookmarks but only if there are no Document bookmarks of the same name already in existence. Even prefixing the Server bookmark name with 'Server' does not force it to remove the Server bookmark if there is an identically-named Document bookmark in place.

The only way I have found to remove Document bookmarks from the plug-in is to remove them by ID but this then means that I have to know the ID (see item 3 below).

3. Given a bookmark name (Document or Server), is there an easy way to get the associated ID? Of course, it is possible to have more than one bookmark with the same name so I would need to be able to find all the ID for every bookmark with the given name.

I am using server version 9.00.7320.7 (64bit) and IE plug-in version 9 SR2 (also have been using plug-in version 8.5 SR6 against the v9 server because v9SR2 plug-in crashes on me quite frequently)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Simon

0 Replies