Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating variables in the load script containing '='

Hello.

I have a large amount of variables I wish to define in the load script. I have done so like this

//Rank Retrieval

//Full Sales Force

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank);

SET vCalculateWeekTakenRank=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.WeekTakenRank);

SET vCalculateLastWeekTakenRank=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.LastWeekTakenRank);

SET vCalculateMonthTakenRank=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.MonthTakenRank);

followed by many more.

These variables work when added one by one in variable overview.

In the load script I cannot add the = required to initialise the code.

I have chosen to define them in my load script because of the large number and because I need to copy this structure into a number of other applications.

Things that I have tried so far:

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank==Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank);

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank='=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank)';

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank=[=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank)];

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank="=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank)";

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank="'=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank)'";

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Set should work just as well. Try

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank = =Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank);

with a space between the two equals signs.

HIC

View solution in original post

9 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try LET instead of SET when you use delimiters for the string.

Not applicable
Author

Does this force the variable to contain a static value upon reload?

I want to be able to calculate the result whenever I call the variable because SalesRep is not a static selection

rubenmarin

Hi Joshua, I used your double quotes option and seems worked:

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank="=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank)";

Created this variable:

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sum of your tried options should work. Like:

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank='=Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank)';

seems to be fine. Try =vCalculateDayTakenRank in a text box. Doesn't it give your expected output? Could you post a sample qvw that shows the issue you are talking about?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Set should work just as well. Try

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank = =Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank);

with a space between the two equals signs.

HIC

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Set works fine, I use it all the time, but you need a space between the two = sign.

SET vCalculateDayTakenRank= =Only({$<SalesRep>}LineHistory_TakenRanking.DayTakenRank);

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hey Ruben,

I tried your method and it did indeed work this time. Perhaps I had not tried double quotes properly.

Not applicable
Author

It was returning a null in my sample text box when an integer was expected.

I think I may have accidentally forgot to reset the SalesRep selection upon reload though

Not applicable
Author

Thanks henric, out of all of these I think this is the easiest option (I have a good few variables written already so this should be easy to do via find and replace)