Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Crosstable multiple dimensions

I trying to figure out how to load a crosstable in QlikView. I have managed to do it before, but then I only had one dimension in the columns and now I have two... I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me load attached exceltable into QlikView. The first two columns should be dimensions, as well as the years.

Thank You!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

4 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

May be as below:

LOAD Company,
Item,
[2013],
[2014],
[2015],
[2016]
FROM

(
ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is QV);

Note: Change the path according to your needs....

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Try like that:

Aufnahme_2017_05_17_16_43_08_494.gif

prieper
Master II
Master II

Crosstable should work

Crosstable

A cross table is a common type of table featuring a matrix of values between two or more orthogonal lists of header data, of which one is used as column headers. A typical example could be to have one column per month. To transform a cross table into a straight table, use a crosstable prefix. The result is that the column headers (e.g. month names) will be stored in one field - the attribute field - and the column data (month numbers) will be stored in a second field: the data field.

The syntax is:

crosstable (attribute field name, data field name [ , n ] ) ( loadstatement | selectstatement )

where:

attribute field name is the field to contain the attribute values.

data field name is the field to contain the data values.

n is the number of qualifier fields preceding the table to be transformed to generic form. Default is 1.

Examples:

Crosstable (Month, Sales) Load * from ex1.csv;

Crosstable (Month,Sales,2) Load * from ex2.csv;

Crosstable (A,B) Select * from table3;

Not applicable
Author

That works perfect! Thank You