Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cumulative Averages

How do I get a value for the cumulative value of any given ratio? I am computing Manufacturing Profit Margin % = Manufacturing Profit / Total Sales. I am trying to write an expression that will sum compute the overall value by taking Manufacturing Profit 1 + Manufacturing Profit 2 +Manufacturing Profit 3 / Total Sales 1 + Total Sales 2 + Total Sales 3 = Cumulative Manufacturing Profit Margin % for periods 1-3.  Any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I completely understand, do you have sample data or app that we can look at?

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I simply want to cumulate the numerator and denominator before dividing to get the overall values of each.

sunny_talwar

Try this:

RangeSum(Manufacturing Profit 1 + Manufacturing Profit 2 +Manufacturing Profit 3)/RangeSum(Total Sales 1 + Total Sales 2 + Total Sales 3)

sunny_talwar

Or simply do this (but this might give you problems when you have nulls). RangeSum would be a better solution I believe.

(Manufacturing Profit 1 + Manufacturing Profit 2 +Manufacturing Profit 3)/(Total Sales 1 + Total Sales 2 + Total Sales 3)

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

No that didn't work, here is what I have thus far, and it is still not calculating. I am using full accumulation, and will need to calculate my cumulative margin similar to what's attached in Excel.

=Sum({$<[Finance Data.Metric]={'Manufacturing Profit'}>} [Finance Data.Act/Fcst])
/
Sum({$<[Finance Data.Metric]={'Total Sales'}>} [Finance Data.Act/Fcst])

sunny_talwar

The file you attached is already accumulating Metric 1 and Metric 2? I wouldn't be able to help you if you don't give me a sample from raw data. I am not sure what exactly are you doing for accumulation. I hope that make sense.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Here is a better example:

Month 123Total
Metric 2239964798033692105668
Metric 16245124892210840842
Margin0.2602520.2602960.656180.386512This is what I want
Not applicable
Author

Any idea?

sunny_talwar

Give me sometime... checking it in a bit.

Best,

Sunny