Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Currency/Money formatting

Hi All,

I'm importing a text file into QV and 1 field just won't format correctly. The data is money in European format of ##.##,00-. The format should be displayed as US standard (##,##.00). Here are a few examples of the data:

4.950,00- should be (4,950.00)

40.000,00 should be 40,000.00

I've tried to change the MoneyFormat, money#,num#,money,num but it just won't work...

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Sarah[:)]

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How about this:

Money:
LOAD * INLINE [
Dimmer, Val
A, "4.950,00-"
B, "40.000,00"
];
NewMoney:
LOAD Dimmer As NewDim, Num#(If(Right(Val, 1) = '-', '-') &
Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Val, ',', '%'), '.', ','), '%', '.'), '-', ''))
As NewVal
RESIDENT Money;

It's pretty messy, but it seems to work on both positive and negative numbers. I'm not sure if there is an easier way using one of the built in functions.

Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I have attached some images showing my settings in QlikView and sample data from our SAP Enterprise client.  My question is where/how to manage the settings for decimal places in a particular column which is not available in the Chart Properties that I could locate.  QlikView shows 4 decimal places and our SAP system allows only two (except in yen where there are none).

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Lucianne

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If List Price is a Dimension, you can change the number formatting in Settings, Document Properties, Number pane.

You can also fix the format in the script.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Rob, I used your first suggestion and it worked.  Just wanted to thank you.  Cheers!