Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Currency

Hi guys.

I got a document that looks like such:

error loading image

Now what want to do is whenever someone selects USD in the currency box, That the amount shows in USD only. When some clicks on AUD then it displays the sales in AUD amounts.

All the currencies need to be multiplied by certain values in order to get the right amount. I have those values but i can't seem to work it out in the script. I have managed to do it seperatly in the table but in needs to be done in the script so that when the selected currency is made then the whole document changes according to that.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advanced

22 Replies
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have re-installed QV10SR1 and indeed there is a version difference, see attached files.

At least with SR1 the Excel file can be used even if values are not formated (change your formula with '$(money(sum(Amount)*0.33333))' and you will see what I mean).

It's time to open another case even if I'm not sure support will agree to qualify this as a regression 😞

The best would be to be able to add dynamic format in the 'Number' tab, that way values would be formatted both in QV and Excel.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/3465.Data-Export-QV10SR1.xls:550:0]

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/7026.Data-Export-QV10SR2.xls:550:0]

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, I think it's correct that the export to Excel exports the underlying numeric value rather than the formatted value. Well, yes and no. I'd like the formatting to be preserved, but I DO want to make sure it has the correct underlying value, and if I only get one or the other, I definitely want the right value. Anyway, if you really want the data rounded off to two decimal places (thought that may not be what you were saying), you need to do that explicitly. The problem THERE is that when you use parameters, the comma is used to separate parameters, and that overrides anything in the parameter itself. So for instance this:

$(money(round(6.666,.01)))

Won't return anything because it will only use 'round(6.666' as the parameter. Ah, you could do it this way:

$(money(round(6.666*100)/100))

Or in context:

$(money(round(sum(Amount)*100)/100))

I do wonder if there's some setting that lets you export numbers to Excel as either text or number. I almost never export to Excel, so it's not really my area of expertise. I just do my work in QlikView itself.

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm not using dynamic format for currency conversion but for dynamic expressions formatting (see screenshot, users can choose which expression - volume, Sales... - they want to display) so I have a variable number of decimals depending on the expression.

Anyway, I've opened a case, we will see...