Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_venu
Creator
Creator

Current month and YTD

hi ,

We have a time Dimension in our database and this table is connected to the FACT table.

so we have indicators for the Current month, YTD, PYTD etc already available  in the TIMe Dimension.

I have brought the columns Cuurent month, YTD into the qlikview.

But i need to provide this as a selction window for the users, so that they will be able to select ' YTD', current month etc. since these are seperate columns in the TIME dimension, i might not be able to bring them in a single list box selection.

so i thought of hiding the captions and then arranging the objects for each lists one below the other.

This works fine in data filtering.

But when i select Current month  and then go on to select the YTD, both the list fiels are ACTIVE. I need to clear the other list as soon as I select the value.

Please let me know how this can be done or we can altogether change the approach for this.

thanks,

Venu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jedgson
Creator
Creator

Venu,

You could use a trigger to clear the field you want to remove the selection from.

Settings >> Document Properties >> Field Event Triggers

You can use an 'OnChange' trigger

use the action type 'Selection' and action 'clear other fields'

Jay

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jedgson
Creator
Creator

Venu,

You could use a trigger to clear the field you want to remove the selection from.

Settings >> Document Properties >> Field Event Triggers

You can use an 'OnChange' trigger

use the action type 'Selection' and action 'clear other fields'

Jay

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Venu.

I have attached a sample app in which I create a Time Measure table.  This table simply contains the different types of time measurements (Curr Month, YTD, etc.) linked to the Fact table.  In this example Product is the link.

I created a single list box using the Time Measurement table with the 'Always One Selected Value' option set.  The Month list box is created using an expression to link the time measurement values to the Fact table.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Jay, this worked as expected.