cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current month value im getting in next month and soon

HI Experts,

I have a bar chart with 1 Dimension and 4 Expression.For this 1 Dimension 3 Expression are showing proper count and 1 Expression is showing nexted Value.I mean to say Feb Value im getting in March  Month and March value in April Month etc..,

My Dimension is =MonthName( [PostingDate])

and 4 th expresson whicn im getting Nexted value is

=        SUM({<

EngagementBilling_End_Date__c={"<=$(=date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(vMaxWeekStartDate,1)),'DD MMM YYYY'))>=$(=Date(MonthName(vMaxWeekStartDate),'DD MMM YYYY'))"}

,EngagementAuto_Roll_Clause__c={'NO'},EngagementEngActualProjectedFlag=

,EngagementdtmAddedOn=,CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=,FinancialYear=,LastandCurrentMonth=,SalesType=

>}EngagementEng_Amount_in_USD )

Please let me know where im doing mistake.(I wann show Feb and March value),but iM getting Feb Value in March and March value in April.

InAdvance,

Thank you

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Hi Anil,

How are you defining your variable vMaxWeekStartDate?

What is it equals to?

Best,

S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

vMaxWeekStartDate =Date((MAX({1<CurrentDateFlag={1}>}PostingDate)))

CurrentDateFlag=if(NUM(Date(TempDate))<=NUM(Date(($(vDateToday)))),1,0) As CurrentDateFlag,

LET vDateToday = Num(Now()); 

Thanks for the promt response

sunny_talwar

Update: Adding an application for reference purposes.

From what I am seeing in the expression, it seems that EngagementBilling_End_Date__c will be <= Next Month's end date and >= Current's month start date.

For example

-> Date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today(), 1)), 'DD MMM YYYY') = 31 Mar 2015

-> Date(MonthName(Today()), 'DD MMM YYYY') = 01 Feb 2015

Is this what you are trying to do? or are you trying to sum between end of this month and beginning of the month?

->Date(MonthEnd(Today()), 'DD MMM YYYY') = 28 Feb 2015

-> Date(MonthName(Today()), 'DD MMM YYYY') = 01 Feb 2015

If later is correct, I would try using the following expression:

=SUM({<EngagementBilling_End_Date__c={"<=$(=Date(MonthEnd(vMaxWeekStartDate),'DD MMM YYYY'))>=$(=Date(MonthName(vMaxWeekStartDate),'DD MMM YYYY'))"}, EngagementAuto_Roll_Clause__c={'NO'},EngagementEngActualProjectedFlag=, EngagementdtmAddedOn=, CalendarMonthAndYear=, CalendarMonthName=, FinancialYear=, LastandCurrentMonth=, SalesType=>} EngagementEng_Amount_in_USD)

HTH

Best,

S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ys you are correct..wht is the next step?

sunny_talwar

Have you tried using the following expression?

=SUM({<EngagementBilling_End_Date__c={"<=$(=Date(MonthEnd(vMaxWeekStartDate),'DD MMM YYYY'))>=$(=Date(MonthName(vMaxWeekStartDate),'DD MMM YYYY'))"}, EngagementAuto_Roll_Clause__c={'NO'},EngagementEngActualProjectedFlag=, EngagementdtmAddedOn=, CalendarMonthAndYear=, CalendarMonthName=, FinancialYear=, LastandCurrentMonth=, SalesType=>} EngagementEng_Amount_in_USD)

If you did not try it, I would give the above expression a shot. If you did, but did not get the results you wanted, would you be able to tell what went wrong this time, so that we can further troubleshoot it.

Best,

S