Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Field

I have a custom table im trying to bring through from Syspro, but i only want it to show certain lines that have 'LAT001' in them, im presuming i have to use a LOAD * statement before the load but what do i need to state, is it an IF statement?  this is what i tried already... what do i need to put in order to "show" 'LAT001' only?

LOAD *,

IF (FieldName = 'LAT001')

//CustomField

LateReason:

LOAD KeyField AS Invoice,

FieldName,

AlphaValue;

SQL SELECT KeyField,

FieldName,

AlphaValue

FROM SysproCompanyA.dbo.AdmFormData;

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Whoops I meant count({$<Reason -= '=Null()'>}Reason) ....I accidentally used double quotes in my post above.  If that still doesn't work you could try the expression you mentioned you tried earlier (count({<Reason -= {''}>}Reason)).... but instead count({<Reason -= {' '}>}Reason) just in case there is a blank space in there rather than a null string.

Not applicable
Author

it can be done multiple ways.

try this first:

on your table dimension, use calculated dimension

if(len(trim(Reason))=0,null(),Reason)

then check the 'suppress when value is null.

it that doesn't work ... try below

try to replace blank fields with a text 'NA' in your script.

TempLateReason:

noconcatenate

load DispatchNote, if(len(trim(Reason))=0,null(),Reason) as Reason, SalesOrder resident LateReason;

drop table LateReason;

rename TempLateReason to LateReason;

on your table dimension

then check the 'suppress when value is null.

hope this might work for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope.

I think what i will do is add another option of "Not Late" in Syspro and add that as default (it will also act as a prompt to the sales guys to change if late.  then add the <> dimension in the sql table and then QV will only bring through the others....

thanks anyway

Not applicable
Author

did you try these ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tried the first option and it didnt work, the second option kinda fits in with what i may as well do, although im finding that the SQL table will not get rid of my blanks even though it clearly says in the filter "is not null"