Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom list box

Hello

I am trying to create a custom list box that when i select one value it will make some time of data selection

I have attached an example

1. I have created an inline load that will generate the list options
    1. There are to option "All" and "some"
  2. I have created a list box and selected the field i have created in the inline
  3. I have configurer the button to "always one selected value"
  4. I have created a field event trigger on field with the list box option but know its my problem. How do i know that was the value select so i can select the correct data. What i need is when the user select all, all empoyes are selected and when i select some only john and alfred are selected.

Many thanks in advance

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you Need to Change the Trigger on select to

=if (GetFieldSelections(ListBoxoptions)='All','*','(John|Alfred)')

In your example. All select all 4 names, while some selects only John and Alfred

that what you want?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

try this as search value for your trigger.

='('&if(ListBoxoptions = 'All','*','"John"|"Alfred"')&')'

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

You guys rock!!!

Many thanks for you help. It worked great

But now i face another problem. Imagine this scenario, i have selected on the ListBoxoptions  the value "all" and i go to the Employ listbox and select "john"  the selected value for ListBoxoptions  field is still "all" and gives a false impression to the user. Is there a way in this case to remove the seleccion of the fiel "ListBoxoptions"