Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom text on a pivot table

I have reviewed the community and although I've seen this question asked, I couldn't find a solution to my situation. Note: I realize Qlik is not ideally meant to input TEXT, but its a requirement i am attempting to accomodate.

I have a simple pivot table with 1 Date dimension, 1 expression and then hopefully another column (expression) that will display text.

I have tried an Input Box with a basic variable vText, and then used that in my expression, but that can't work since it just shows the same text regardless of how I filter (and it also puts that text on every single line of the table). I have also reviewed the InputField function but that appears to only offer numeric capability via the InputSum and InputAvg functions which are nice, but not what I  need. Unless I am misunderstanding how to use these functions, I am stuck. Has anyone done the below and can offer a solution or even dirty workaround? Thanks all!

This table will be viewed on a per Client filter selection and have multiple rows of data. My goal is to be able to provide an input way where per Client (filter method), a user could input text that would reflect on the below table (I'd even be ok if the text wasn't retained after the session ended, as the table would likely be saved or printed on a weekly basis.)

Date            Expression            Comments

12/18/15      $10,000                Project is over budget

12/11/15      $8,000                  Project is on budget

12/4/15        $5,000

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could the user :

Export the table to Excel

Type their text into the spreadsheet

Print it off