Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customer New or Repeat..problem with montly selection

Hi everyone,

i've been working with Qlikview for about 1 month and i've a big problem in QlikView Customer Analysis.

The situation is:

i have only one table in .qvw in which every rows is an order done by a customer in a specific 'date_order'; by default every customer_id who has done an order has a relative column 'type_of_customers' = 'REPEAT'. The creation date of customer can be prior to 'date_order', and in the table are inserted as many rows as customers with 'creation_date' as 'date_order' and 'type_of_customers' = 'NEW'. Here is an example:

ORDER_IDCUSTOMER_IDDATE_ORDERTYPE CUSTOMERQUANTITY
101002014/05/02REPEAT2
1002014/05/01NEW
111012014/05/20REPEAT3
1012013/01/01NEW

When the user select the Month of May the 'NEW' state must have priority on 'REPEAT' state: so i need to visualize 1 NEW CUSTOMER, 1 REPEAT CUSTOMER  and TOTAL QUANTITY = 3.

I have two important issue to fix:

• I have a pie chart to represent '# of customers for type'. I create a variable to count the customers that are 'NEW' and 'REPEAT' in the time selected; this is the expression 'vNewCustomers =Count(distinct{<CUSTOMER_ID = {"=Count(Distinct TYPE_CUSTOMER)=2"}>}CUSTOMER_ID)'. In the chart expression I've added: if(TYPE_CUSTOMER='REPEAT', COUNT(DISTINCT CUSTOMER_ID)-(vNewCustomers)  ,COUNT(DISTINCT CUSTOMER_ID)).

This solution is ok if the user doesn't click on a specific type of customer; in that case number of 'REPEAT' increases            and it is  wrong.

• I have to sum the quantity only for customer 101 because the customer 100, in the time selected, is 'NEW'.

Someone can help me??

Thanks a lot.

Romina

Anyone can help me? Please it's very important!! Romina

0 Replies