Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cycle through values in a variable

I have created a variable with a set of values.  These values are names in a field.  I have created a drop down list with the variable the user can use to pick the fieldname of interest which feeds a chart. 

Instead of a drop down however, I would like to create a "forward"/"backward" button that would advance through the selections.  Any ideas on how to accomplish?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I displayed the result in a textbox.

You can create another variable and set it's value to the expression in the textbox.

That would produce the same results as an input box with  dropdown list of items.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

see the attached qvw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

nice and very close.  Last step would be to have it select the item.  vTest is a list of names that belong to an actual field.  Its a subset (in your example a-i would be a subset of a field that had a-z).

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I displayed the result in a textbox.

You can create another variable and set it's value to the expression in the textbox.

That would produce the same results as an input box with  dropdown list of items.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

=concat(Yourfield,';')  would produce the concatenated string of field values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Right but I want it to select the item.  I agree if I send the result to another variable and use that variable in a listbox expression it creates a listbox with that one item to select.  I want it to select the item.

I tried using select in field using the search string =subfield(vTest,',',1) but it would not select the item in the '1' position (or any position).  Thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, I finally got it to work.  I had to get rid of the quotes I had around each name.  Thanks for your help!