Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DYNAMIC SECTION ACCESS

I'm new to qlikview and want to add dynamic section access.  My data contains the sales rep's email and so I want to build section access with all my sales people and their email from active directory so that it will restrict the data to only their customers.  I have built a qvd of all the network accounts and group memberships so that I can get the users id and email where they belong to certain groups(ie sales).  My thought was that I could query this qvd to build a section access list.  However, I can't get it to work and was wondering if someone could point out what I am doing wrong.

/* load all the memberships from the network */

NTGROUPS:
LOAD GroupDN,
     UserDN,
     UserID,
     UserName,
     Email,
     UserDN1,
     GroupName
FROM
AD_USERGROUPS.QVD
(qvd);

/* Create a table for user access */

/* start out with hard coded id's */

USERACCESS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, SALESREPEMAIL
    ADMIN, ADMIN,ADMIN,,*
];

/* ADD NETWORK USERS IN THE SALESREP GROUP */

Concatenate
LOAD 'USER' AS ACCESS,
     UPPER(UserID) as NTNAME,

UPPER(Email) as SALESREPEMAIL
     RESIDENT NTGROUPS
WHERE GroupName = 'SALESREP';

/* remove group members from memory */

drop table NTGROUPS;

/* create section access */

section access;

Load *

Resident USERACCESS;

section application;

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you be more specific about what is not working?

Have you checked on "Initial Data Reduction..." and "Strict Exclusion" in the Document properties?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I found my issue, when building section access with windows authentication you must provide the column NTDOMAINSID and if you are providing/populating the USERID column you must put an * or valid id into the NTDOAMINSID column otherwise you will lock yourself out of the document.  At least that is the conclusion that I came to and things now work properly after populating the fields in this manner.