Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DYNAMIC SECTION ACCESS

I'm new to qlikview and want to add dynamic section access.  My data contains the sales rep's email and so I want to build section access with all my sales people and their email from active directory so that it will restrict the data to only their customers.  I have built a qvd of all the network accounts and group memberships so that I can get the users id and email where they belong to certain groups(ie sales).  My thought was that I could query this qvd to build a section access list.  However, I can't get it to work and was wondering if someone could point out what I am doing wrong.

/* load all the memberships from the network */

NTGROUPS:
LOAD GroupDN,
     UserDN,
     UserID,
     UserName,
     Email,
     UserDN1,
     GroupName
FROM
AD_USERGROUPS.QVD
(qvd);

/* Create a table for user access */

/* start out with hard coded id's */

USERACCESS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, SALESREPEMAIL
    ADMIN, ADMIN,ADMIN,,*
];

/* ADD NETWORK USERS IN THE SALESREP GROUP */

Concatenate
LOAD 'USER' AS ACCESS,
     UPPER(UserID) as NTNAME,

UPPER(Email) as SALESREPEMAIL
     RESIDENT NTGROUPS
WHERE GroupName = 'SALESREP';

/* remove group members from memory */

drop table NTGROUPS;

/* create section access */

section access;

Load *

Resident USERACCESS;

section application;

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you be more specific about what is not working?

Have you checked on "Initial Data Reduction..." and "Strict Exclusion" in the Document properties?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I found my issue, when building section access with windows authentication you must provide the column NTDOMAINSID and if you are providing/populating the USERID column you must put an * or valid id into the NTDOAMINSID column otherwise you will lock yourself out of the document.  At least that is the conclusion that I came to and things now work properly after populating the fields in this manner.