Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userid128223
Creator
Creator

Daily CSV incremental load

Hi Everyone

I have following scenerio. I have source folder where data arrives on daily bases and i need to create 1 qvd for all the data without duplicaiton. I also need to read this folder daily and load any new files that arrive.

C:\SourceFolder\

Day1:

Tax20150801.csv

Tax20150802.csv

Tax20150803.csv

Tax20150804.csv

Load * > accumulated_Tax.csv

Day2:

Tax20150801.csv

Tax20150802.csv

Tax20150803.csv

Tax20150804.csv

Tax20150805.csv

Tax20150806.csv

Idea is on day 2 only 2 new file will be appended to accumulated_Tax.csv and others will be ignored. Also make sure that if this does not run daily, it will take any new files that was not processed previously. I would also like to keep a log of files that were processed.

Thanks

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Store the filename of each file into the accumulated_Tax.qvd (I would store the resulting table into a QVD), using e.g FileBaseName() to create the new field.

Then your script basically looks like

a) LOAD your historic data, the accumulated_Tax.qvd

b) Using a FOR EACH vFile IN FILELIST('*.csv') ... NEXT vFile, loop over all csv file in your directory

- Inside the loop, use an IF condition based on the filename and a lookup of the stored filename to check if it already exists in the historic table. If it doesn't exist, append the csv table to your historic table.

userid128223
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Stefan

Can you please point me to a script that does this if already exist.

Thanks

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

‌Hi Stefan,

usually, my scripts move all read files to an archive directory and add a field "datasource" containing the filename just for referrence in case the dataset is delivered again in another file. Is that possible in your environment?

keep qliking

michael

userid128223
Creator
Creator
Author

I am aware of that method but I think there are chances of error calling windows command in qlikview. I think if you keep a file database as to what got loaded and what requires loading is good way to avoid errors.

userid128223
Creator
Creator
Author

Any  examples on this