Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

Data Islands usage

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the usage of data island, especially to fulfill a requirement that I provided in this app.

i am actually reading a book and trying to develop this small app to understand the data island.

I think i am not able to understand the concept here, so I am stuck and not sure where to copy/paste the expression provided in the example.

Could anyone please help me to understand it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could paste the expression in for example, a Text object, or the Expression of a chart. The chart example is not very realistic because you have limited dimensions in the data.

It's kind of a limited example the book has presented you with, but it's functional if you paste it in a text box.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could paste the expression in for example, a Text object, or the Expression of a chart. The chart example is not very realistic because you have limited dimensions in the data.

It's kind of a limited example the book has presented you with, but it's functional if you paste it in a text box.

-Rob

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the solution!!

Whenever i click on the value in the list box, i see a total calls in the text object. I think i am not very much clear with what i am doing here.

Could you please point me to a blog/article that explains about data island.