Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsarkar
Contributor
Contributor

Data Model Issue in connecting common Fields in two tables.

Hi,

I have 4 tables of which 2 are: Ambient_VIN and Ambient_Trip. Both have almost all fields  common except for a single field  ' trip_count.' I want to calculate the sum(trip_count) from Ambient_Trip based on the filters from Ambient_VIN.

But Qlikview is giving wrong results while we put a filter. The filter Ambient_Vin.cvdcqa_vehicle_description888_x_3 works fine for a calculation based on Ambient_VIN but doesnt work for sum(trip_count) of Ambient_trip.

I am attaching my Data Model here for a better look into my problem. The 

Please help.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi 

Generally, we need to remove synthetic key from data model.. Please refer the below link to know about in detail.

https://data-flair.training/blogs/qlikview-synthetic-keys/

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
marcus_sommer

Just concatenate both tables by harmonizing the field-names and using an extra source-field to flag which data are from which source.

- Marcus

Prasad_Kanse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Kindly check subset ration of cvdcqa_vehicle_description888_x_3 from both the tables. If it's not the same then extract a distinct value from maximum column and add it to the another column table.
and Always link a table with the key which has 100% subset ration.