Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Model question

Hello,

I have around 20 SQL tables that I am importing into Qlikview. Using those tables I have to calculate the monthly, quarterly KPIs. For example, Profit for Q1 or Dec 2016 etc based on the user selection.

My question is whether it is a good practice to create all the metrics in SQL tables or create them in Qlikview  and save them as QVD files ...and them import the QVD file ?

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Personally I would tend to do everything in qlikview and just (incremental) loading the raw-data from the db but I think there is no real best practice for it.

You will need to consider many factors like available resources on the sql- and the qlik-side, network-speed, amounts of data, knowledge in sql/qlik, efforts to rebuild existing sql-logics, access rights and probably some more and it might end up that you need to mix both systems ...

- Marcus

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Aishwarya,

we can't judge our self for this why because,

--> some times we were depends on Set analysis condition and also variables,Input variables so for these calculations purpose only we are following folder structure in QV like

--Extraction

--Transformation After some calculations and re-naming some

--Application

some times we will follow sub routines also in Qlikview(QV) just like stored procedures in DB.

and event though you created your measures in DB what will happens if data is coming from other data sources some times will use .csv files,at this time Association need to be created in between these files so ,

My better suggestion is you can create measures in QV only.