Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Transformation in Flat files

Please see attached example.  Is there a way in the Qlikview script to modify the data from the Excel Format to the Desired Qlikview Format in the attached example using the transformation step, crosstable or another function in the script.  Please let me know.

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you want the qlikview chart to look like as it shown in the excel file? or you need to access this excel file data into qlikview script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

just load excel file into qlikview so that you can understand how the data reflect in qlikview...

i want to show proper data in qlikview by using this excel file...basically it is not associating  

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's possible. I've created a qlikview document that pretty much does this: multi_header_pivot_import.qvw. It won't work directly with your file though. The labels in cells A1, B1 and C1 should be put in A3, B3 and C3. And you have merged cells in columns A and B. My example doesn't work with that yet, but adding code to do that is possible. You'd need to change line 94 of the load script to something like this:

($(vType), embedded labels, header is $(vHeaders) lines, table is $(vSheet), filters(Replace(1, top, StrCnd(null)),Replace(2, top, StrCnd(null))) );

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand