Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data from Qlikview into excel

Hi All,

Can I get data into excel from any Qlikview app like NPrinting in Personal Edition? Is there any other  add-in or macro? Please advise.

BR

SAK

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

A bit late, but why don't you try to write your own Word/Excel/PowerPoint Add-In?

You can download the qlikview.ocx file, do a .dll file from it and work with it.

If you want to create your own Add-In, how?

http://netoffice.codeplex.com/

or Microsoft.Office libraries.

I wrote for my company an Add-In in PowerPoint and Excel, via C#/.NET/VSTO which shows you all Objects/Shapes/Variables from QlikView into a toolbox and there you can Drag&Drop the items like a template into your PowerPoint/Excel.

Later, you can always use the template and automatically change it according to your current selection in QlikView and with a scheduling ".bat" you can make your report everyday, without touching anything, since you always take the template as source and create a new destination report.

If you plan to do it, you might consider a few different things:

* QlikView to PowerPoint convertion

* QlikView Variable/Shape/Items

* Creating a .exe to create the add-in in PowerPoint/Excel

* Service that auto runs your .exe every day with a .bat given the source qlikview report and source PowerPoint/Excel template and as destination a PowerPoint/Excel file

* The Add-In itself, import all objects/shapes/items/variables into a toolbox, if you manage to do that, you did almost most difficult work, because the Drag&Drop is easy

* Check for the Drag&Drop items, must keep a reference

* Open template, open updates QlikView report and change what is in your template.

I tried QVExcel too, but wasn't happy with it. Consider 3-6 of C#/.NET developpement with NetOffice libraries and you might save more time for the future and everything will work automatically, only things you still have to create is a QlikView report, drag and drop the objects you want to show in your PowerPoint/Excel, instead of doing every month again a new report by hand.

+ if you create a new Qlikview report, you don't need to make any VBA/VBS in the macro's in order to do the export. If you create 200 QlikView reports and always write a new macro to export it in another way, another source etc, you are going to type the same code again and again. With the Addin-In, you write it 1 and can use any report it will be treated the same. Same for -> export to Excel/Word/PowerPoint etc

Hope, this will help some people.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Mike

I am not a programmer. I am a finance manager. Can you please share the code you wrote if it works for PE?

Not applicable
Author

Due to company policy I'm not allowed to share it, nor sent an abstract version of it.

If I'd develop it during my private time, I would have shared it long time ago or sold the Add-In.

But, I guess computer scientists in your company might be able to write an Addin-In.

Not applicable
Author

Hey mike, can you please give me directions to start? the material to study to pick objects/variables in excel from Qlikview.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the late reply.

Feel free to check out the Workbench and Publisher proposed by QlikView.

They might help you out the get an abstract idea about how to manage it.