Skip to main content
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data went missing after re-open Qlikview

Hello experts,

I am having problem by not showing latest information in Qlikview everytime i re-open the QVW. I tried to reload a few times and save+close and open a few times, but the data always reverted back to old info.

I am able to solve this problem by unchecked 'Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access', but my data is quite sensitive for some user. I have also tried to clone the QVW to a new QVW. But the result is still the same. Unable to show latest information.

Do you have any idea about this issue? Looking forward to your reply. Big THANKS in advance for the help.

Best regards,


Labels (7)
4 Replies

It sounds that your section access tables isn't updated in regard to the data-update from your last reload - and then those data haven't a valid authorization and are then removed by opening the application.

- Marcus

Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Marcus,

Can i assume you are saying the userID in my SECTION ACCESS exist but my reporting data is not exist?


1. In my sales data, I have UserA, UserB, UserC.

2. In my SECTION ACCESS, I have only UserA and UserB.

3. So everytime i reloaded the QVW, close and re-open again, UserC's info will gone missing.

Am i correct?

Thank you.

Former Employee
Former Employee

Jeff, best I can do for you on this one is point you to a couple of Design Blog post that will hopefully allow you to check your work here, as Marcus is on the right track, there has to be an issue with your Section Application link via your dynamic reduction field(s) in the Section Access load that is restricting things...

There are some additional links at the bottom of the above post specifically related to dynamic data reduction, so be sure to visit those too, but hopefully reviewing these will help you figure out what you have done incorrectly and get it fixed.  The fact things work when you uncheck reduction signals the issue is in the data model and dynamic reduction...  One other trick you can use here to better see things is comment just the Section Access line of the script, that lets the Section Access table be visible in the data model at that point, which can make troubleshooting things a lot easier in these situations.


To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Contributor II
Contributor II


I had this problem on QlikView recently and this topic kinda helped me. I do not know if we have the same case, but somehow I managed to solve mine despite not being 100% sure of the reason for the problem.

My Section Access table had some users enabled to see all data of all entities by having the * in the entity collum.

From what I understood, this is not enough to guarantee that the data of all entities will be displayed. You need to have at least one user strictly assigned to each entity in order to all of them to appear for a superuser with the * allowing everything to be seen.

Ex: If you have three entities, 101, 201, 301 and a section access like this

OWNER_101, 101
OWNER_201, 201

In this case, entity 301 will not appear for ADMIN. 

The correction I made was adding one more line to the section access, ending with this:

OWNER_101, 101
OWNER_201, 201
ADMIN, 301

After this I was able to see the data with ANY other user that has the clause *

I hope this helps someone and If someone has more info on this behaviour, please share. I do not know if section access works like this in Qlik Sense, but it seems to be the case for QlikView.

Rgds, Allan.