Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Connections

Hi,

I'm having issues in a Dashboard that seem to all be linked to some kind of date problem. What I have is a listbox that has been created through Sales_Date as it was meant initially only as a Sales Dashboard but the problem is that not all the dates are linked to the Sales_Date so there's a problem when creating objects to calculate things like:

1. The Turn Around Time between (Stock_ReadyToSell_Date) and (Today())) --- for stock that has not been sold yet *Unsold TAT

2. Stock Movements done within a certain period --- these items will not have a Sales_Date at that point.

My question is then that I've heard about Date Islands but also that this might affect the performance negatively when using Set Analysis and I don't think that linking all the different types of dates is a good idea so what suggestions would you have to overcome this Date comparison issue?

I would really appreciate all / every comment and suggestion as any one could bring me closer to a solution.

Thanks,

S

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

With the time difference I just wanted to repost my question to see if anyone could give me any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks,

S

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You might be able to do something like I suggested in the below thread. For that thread, we linked a generic calendar to rows of data through a CalendarLinkage table with a DateType field (with values equating to the date fields being replaced). The example includes 8 separate date fields from 5 separate tables all linked to the same calendar. I didn't try it myself, but it was reported to have worked.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/38507.aspx

Not applicable
Author

John,

Thanks. I've looked at your post and it makes sense. I just have a question:

Can you create a Linked Calendar by concatenating dates from more than two resident tables?

Example

LOAD

start_date AS display_date

RESIDENT table1;

CONCATENATE

LOAD

move_date AS display_date

RESIDENT table2;

CONCATENATE

LOAD

end_date AS display_date

RESIDENT table3;

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure what you're asking. The script you show won't link anything to anything since it only creates a table with a single field. But the example links five separate tables, so yes, you can concatenate dates from more than two resident tables.