Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Issues in Script

I have two date columns in a table and our want QlikView to compare the two dates for each row but it is not doing correctly. my guess is that the two sets of dates are in a different format,so I tried converting both to a number using Num or converting both to Date but still having issues. Any ideas?

29 Replies
sunny_talwar

Date#() or TimeStamp#() both should work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So strange. neither worked.

sunny_talwar

Was that for me? or vishsaggi‌?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you. I was just saying neither timestamp# nor date# worked.

sunny_talwar

There are two options

1) Share a sample

2) Share screenshots to show how your LEADCREATEDATE and STAGEMODIFYDATE look when you load them without any manipulation.

LOAD *

FROM ....;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

STAGEMODIFYDATE looks like this in raw form. here it is called modifydate

sunny_talwar

It seems that the MODIFYDATE seems to be read correctly and probably doesn't need Date#() function. The issue seems to be something else. Unfortunately, I don't think I have enough information to help you out here. It could be any thing and I am not sure how to get to the bottom of the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI,

I tried this way and worked for me.

Below is my data.

NameDate1Date2
A12/22/201611/22/2016
B12/23/20161/11/2017
C12/24/20161/12/2017
D12/25/20161/13/2017
E1/14/201712/25/2016
F1/15/201712/26/2016

LOAD Name,
     Date1,
     Date2
FROM
[..\dATES.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)
WHERE(Date1 > Date2);

After load it gave me only 3 rows.

I used Where clause next to transformation stage.(while loading from file.. Next , Next)Untitled.png

After reload I got 3 rows.

Untitled1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for all your help. I looked into this some more and discovered that the problem was driven by another part of my script. So I am OK. Thanks again.

sunny_talwar

I am glad you were able to locate your problem. I would suggest you to close this thread by either marking 'Assumed Answer' or posting what the actual issue was and then marking your own response as correct answer.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny