Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mario-sarkis
Creator II
Creator II

Date Modifiction in the script

Dear ,

I need to put condition as following :

If(isnull([Field]),endofMonth(Month(PeriodDate),-1), PeriodDate) as PeriodDate

Example:

If the Field is null and my periodDate='43160' I need to replace it by '43159'

hope you can help.

Thank you,

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this based on required condition

Date(If(Len(Trim(Field)) = 0 and PeriodDate = 43160, PeriodDate - 1, PeriodDate)) as PeriodDate

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

Use function MonthEnd,Addmonths

If(isnull([Field]),MonthEnd(AddMonths(PeriodDate),-1), PeriodDate) as PeriodDate

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Date(if(len(Trim(Field))=0,Monthend(Addmonths(PeriodDate),-1),PeriodDate)) as PeriodDate

sunny_talwar

sasikanth_narne‌ & shiveshsingh‌ -

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need AddMonths here? You are not even giving any value for second paramater and MonthEnd() is handling going back one period... In fact, it would be advisable to add Floor() because MonthEnd() will give you a timestamp. So, if this is what the requirement is, I would use this

Date(If(Len(Trim(Field)) = 0, Floor(MonthEnd(PeriodDate, -1)), PeriodDate)) as PeriodDate

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

As per requirement(to counter this endofMonth(Month(PeriodDate),-1),, i put monthend before (Addmonths(PeriodDate),-1).

Monthend will not give timestamp, i guess.. or i missed this part.. I need to check.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

MonthEnd, YearEnd, WeekEnd functions always give a timestamp to the last second of the end date

So, MonthEnd(Today()) will give this

01/31/2018 23:59:59

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Do i need to do some setting for timestamp, cz when i tried this in textbox (=Monthend(Today()) )

i got 1/31/2018

sunny_talwar

It displays date, but underlying is a TimeStamp. Adding TimeStamp() on top of MonthEnd() will show you that

Capture.PNG

But if you add floor, you will remove the time (as you would already know this)

Capture.PNG

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Got it Sunny

Thanks