Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date/Time group w/ dimension for current time minus 24 hours

I am relatively new to Qlikview.  I have been using Qlikview Personal for about 4 months on and off and just recently started diving further in.  Here's my deal, I have a data set containing all sales for a company over the last 6 months.  I set up a group containing a month and weekstart expression in order to toggle between the two and show the bar chart in Month time frames or Week time frames.  Now I am attempting to add an expression to the group set that returns sales for just the previous day and I am stumped

My field name for date = opened_at

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you use Start functions like MonthStart, Weekstart etc.. Qlikview still takes the uniqe date&time for the expression. I could help you more if you show me an exemple but as far as i understood you can get what your want by using Week() function instead of Weekstart().

Best.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using the following

For Month grouping:  =Date(MonthStart(opened_at),'MMM-YY')

For Week Grouping:  =WeekStart(opened_at)

Those are working great.  Now I am trying to add an expression to the group that shows just sales yesterday but more specifically (if possible) sales >= current time - 24 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

completely my fault on the explanation.  I want to add a field to my dimension group for yesterday

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try this in your dimension:

Date(now()-1,'DD/MM/YYYY')

This will reduce a day to the actual date.

Regards.